Review: National Geographic World Atlas (Reference / Education)
by Matthew on January 30, 2013
Scan for Appstore link
National Geographic World Atlas (Version: 3.0.1)
Reviewed by Matthew Chan on Jan 30th 2013
Quick Rating: 8 out of 10
What is it?
► This app offers you a virtual globe to explore the world. Loads of information available after you zoom in, such as weather, currency, language, etc. Within its huge geographical database, it occasionally provides some inaccurate information.
► Beautiful globe and maps – it has the look of a real globe and you can spin, pan, and zoom.
► Huge geographical database with live feed data – loads of information about individual cities around the world including live currency conversion rates and weather conditions.
► Downloadable offline maps – it is a great feature to have when you are out of your data reception range.
► Pin your cities to easy look up – share your pins online across different iDevices
► Inaccurate database – some information are displayed incorrectly. For example, Vancouver (BC, Canada) has a USA flag. Alderney (England, UK) is located at the east coast of Greenland.
★ I am interested to know how this app could help you. Please share your experience with us at the comment below. ★
National Geographic has taken its award-winning World Atlas and updated it completely for 2013 with a new look, improved functionality, and brand new features.
ALL MAPS UPDATED
• All state-of-the-art National Geographic maps are in HD, giving you the best viewing experience possible.
• New infographics enhance each country’s Flags and Facts section.
• Better measurement tools give you even more accuracy.
• Store your pins in the cloud and share them across devices. Plan a trip on your iPad, then use your customized map on your iPhone.
• Add and customize collections of map pins
• Get up-to-the-minute weather
• Check the latest currency conversion rates, or use the currency calculator to convert from one currency to another
• See latitude and longitude indications directly, with a tap of your finger.
ABOUT THE WORLD ATLAS
The National Geographic World Atlas brings you the highest resolution images available, delivering the stunning detail, accuracy, and beauty National Geographic is known for.
See the world in any style you prefer: classic (blue ocean), antique, satellite, or road map style (provided by Bing maps).
Spin, pan, and zoom in on the world with our interactive 3-D globe and seamless world map layers. Place pins to mark spots and save them for later.
FLAGS AND FACTS
Get up-to-date information on every country and capital city in the world, including socio-economic data, demographics, weather, and currency.
PLEASE NOTE: Offline maps and map downloading is now included in the app, as of version 3.0.1.
What’s New in Version 3.0.1
Dear customers, we appreciate your patience as we continue to improve this app. Please keep your comments coming to email@example.com. We appreciate your feedback!
– DOWNLOAD WORLD MAP LAYERS for offline use.
– Enhanced map tile delivery to account for issues reported when network connection is limited.
– Addressed all missing currency symbols in the currency calculator.
– Restored missing United Kingdom flag in the flags and facts section.
– Various minor text and visual enhancements.